Woodstone Meadows Golf Course Rules
- Tee Times are required until 6 p.m. at both golf courses.
- Until 6 p.m. each day, foursomes will be formed and must play together. (Exceptions may be made by golf staff during days and times that are not busy.)
- Play of more than four golfers per group will not be permitted.
- The only time a group is GUARANTEED to play by itself is after 6 p.m.
- A valid driver's license is required to operate a golf cart.
- Only two riders per golf cart, regardless of size or age.
- Each player must have their own bag of clubs. Rentals are available.
- Proper and permitted golf attire includes golf slacks, golf shorts, golf shirts (polo and mock), denim jeans and T-shirts.
- Ladies' sleeveless shirts must have a collar.
- No swimwear, cut-offs, tank tops or halter tops are permitted on Massanutten golf courses.
- Proper footwear includes golf shoes or flat-soled shoes.
- Boots and sports cleats are not allowed.
- Non-golfers must be 6 years old or older.
- Non-golfers will be charged a rider fee.
- Anyone under the age of 6 must be registered and playing golf in order to be allowed on any Massanutten golf course.
- Golf course and cart paths are not open to pedestrians during course operating hours.
- In accordance with Virginia state law, patrons are prohibited from bringing their own alcohol onto the golf course.
- Personal coolers are not allowed on the golf course.
- All refreshments must be transferred to coolers provided with golf carts.
- Course Marshals are employed to enforce the above policies and to monitor pace of play.
- Full cooperation with Course Marshals is expected and will result in a positive golfing experience for everyone.
All golfers, regardless of experience or ability, are expected to follow these responsibilities.
- Replace and repair all divots.
- Repair all ball marks on the putting greens.
- Rake all disturbed areas in the sand bunkers.
- Do not drag feet on the putting greens.
- Obey all cart rules of the day.
Pace of Play
- Keep up with the group in front of you.
- Play ready golf:
- Be ready to play when it is your turn.
- Line your shots and select club while others are playing.
- On the putting green, putt until you hole out.
- Take a variety of clubs when forced to walk to your ball and when playing around greens.
- Do not take more than 3 minutes to look for lost balls. Mark errant shots with a reference point to find balls more easily.
- Plan ahead and use golf cart efficiently. Drop partner off at ball and drive to your ball. Park carts behind greens or in designated areas between green and next to tee box. Do not park carts in front of greens.
- Double par rule in effect. The maximum number of strokes a player may take is double the par on the hole being played.
- Beginners are encouraged to avoid busy times of day and are required to adhere to the double par rule. A helpful hint to ensure an enjoyable golfing experience and adherence to the double par rule is: once number of strokes equals par, pick up and drop on the putting green or within chipping distance and continue play.
- Respect and cooperate with course marshals to ensure an enjoyable round of golf for everyone.