Massanutten Resort Rules & Regulations
- Resort Smoking Policy - All Of our accommodations are smoke free. Smoking is strictly prohibited. A $250 fee will be charged those who violate this policy. Smoking is allowed on the patio. You must close patio door when smoking outside. Please properly dispose of your cigarettes and cigars.
- No occupant may violate any local, state or federal law, ordinance, regulation, statute, rule, or other restriction or requirement.
- All rules of Massanutten Resort, now in effect or as amended from time to time, are incorporated hereby by reference. The violation of any rule of Massanutten Resort shall be deemed a violation hereof.
- Noise audible outside of a Unit is prohibited from 11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. No occupant shall disturb or permit to be disturbed any other occupant’s quiet enjoyment of a Unit. Nor may an occupant interfere with the rights, comfort, or convenience of any other Owner or Guest.
- No occupant may (1) permit or utter or create any statement, sound or noise; (2) present or display any image, gesture, symbol, or conduct; (3) emit or generate any smell or odor; (4) intentionally touch or batter or assault another person; or (5) take any other action with the effect or intent of causing harm, fear, anger, or offense in a Time-Share Unit, Common Area or within real property of Association, Managing Agent, Developer, or related entities (“Resort Properties”).
- The Common Elements, including without limitation, the common areas, roads and walkways in the unit shall not be obstructed nor shall any occupant interfere with the right of any other person to use the unit. No bicycles, scooters, baby carriages, or similar vehicles, or toys or other personal articles shall be allowed to stand or remain in any Common Element.
- No dog, cat or other pet shall be allowed in the unit. A nonrefundable charge of up to $250 per day may be assessed by the Association to clean, repair, treat (for fleas or other pests), and restore a Unit and common areas if a pet is identified in the unit or in the Resort.
Service Animals are always welcome at Massanutten Resort. They must be under control and on a leash/harness at all times. Service Animals may be attended to by companions, but employees of the Resort are not permitted to care for Service Animals. We appreciate advance notice for service animals staying on resort property. Emotional support/comfort animals are permitted with a written doctor's note. A written doctor's note must be provided at the time of check in. Fees may be applied to your account for damages caused by Service Animals and/or emotional support/comfort animals.
- No drugs or controlled substances may be possessed within the unit or Resort without a doctor’s prescription.
- Public intoxication by alcohol or other controlled substance is strictly prohibited.
- No weapons of any kind are authorized in common areas or public facilities on Resort Property. Occupants in possession of a weapon for hunting must have a current hunting license and a nearby property owner’s permission to hunt. Commencing in 2014-2015, weapons intended for hunting must be registered with Resort Security.
- No occupant shall use or permit in a Unit any inflammable oils or fluids such as gasoline, kerosene, naphtha, or benzene, or other explosives or articles deemed extra hazardous to life, limb, or property.
- No damage to a Unit, common area, or other real or personal property of Association, Managing Agent, Developer, or related entities (“Resort Properties”) shall be caused by any act or omission of an occupant. All costs of restoring a Unit, Common Area or Resort Property to its condition prior to occupancy or use, including all cleaning beyond normal wear and tear, repair or replacement of property, painting, disinfection, fumigation or other sanitizing shall be charged to and paid by the Owner responsible for the damage.
- No Unit or other improvement within the unit shall be decorated by an occupant.
- No occupant is allowed to put his name on the Unit or in any way deface the same.
- Water shall not be left running for any unreasonable or unnecessary length of time. Electricity shall not be wasted. Ovens and stoves may not be left on and unattended.
- No occupant may use any parking space or area in an unauthorized manner. Assigned parking shall be respected in every respect.
- Massanutten Resort Drone Policy - Massanutten Resort prohibits the operation or use of unmanned aerial systems, or drones, by anyone - including recreational users and hobbyists - without the prior written authorization from the Resort. This prohibition includes drones used for photographing, filming or videotaping, as well as any drone use by media or journalists operating above or within Massanutten Resort boundaries. This prohibition on drone operations or use extends to any drones launched or operated from Resort property, as well as drones launched from private property outside of the Resort boundaries.
Click here to read our full drone policy.
- Massanutten Gold Card Owners - You must have your Gold Card to receive discounts. Gold Card Holders who have not had a photo ID card made since October 2006 should stop by the ID Center, in The Market building behind Woodstone Check-In, for a new card. You must show your current Gold Card photo ID card to receive discounts and to access the Woodstone and Le Club recreation areas. By requiring Gold Card Owners to have and to show ID, Massanutten protects the investment you have in your vacation experience.
If you have not received or have misplaced your permanent Gold Card photo ID, the red temporary ID(s) given at check-in are valid for 48 hours only. To continue receiving discounts, you must get a Gold Card photo ID from the ID Center within that 48-hour time frame. You will be unable to enter any of our private Resort facilities and will be ineligible for Gold Card discounts after that time.
The ID Center is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Holiday hours may vary and are available upon request at the front desk.
Persons Visiting Through RCI (including visiting/renting Massanutten Owners) will automatically receive a Blue ID Card allowing access to our private Resort-owned pools and recreation areas.
Mountainside Owners - Please go to the Mountainside Welcome Center for your photo ID. Photos for IDs are taken Monday through Thursday, 8:30-11:30 a.m. and 1-4 p.m., and Fridays, 11 a.m.-1 p.m. Hours may vary by season.
Resort Guests & All Non-Gold Card Owners - If you are not a Gold Card Owner and would like to know more about our resort and how you can qualify for Gold Card discounts, please call extension 5406.