Friday, March 5, 2021 | First wave at 6 PM | At the Woodstone Recreation Center Outdoor Pool
Recruit a friend, family member, co-worker, or acquaintance & take the plunge to raise money for Therapeutic Adventures!
This event will be held rain or shine.
For our younger philanthropists or those less comfortable in deeper water, we offer The Arctic Splash. Take in a perfect view of the mountains before splashing and dashing your way through 2-2.5 feet of water to tag the wall and declare victory.
All proceeds will benefit Therapeutic Adventures, a non-profit that provides opportunities for those with disabilities, illnesses, and other health needs to experience the outdoors through camps, adaptive sports clinics, retreats, races, and service projects. During the winter season, they provide adaptive ski/snowboard lessons on the Massanutten ski slopes! For more info, visit www.taonline.org.
$25 per person. Participants are encouraged to raise additional donations for a chance to win prizes! Prizes will be awarded for most money raised (by individual & by team). Prizes will include WaterPark, ski, bike park and golf combo passes for Massanutten Resort!
Sign up for both the Arctic Plunge and the 4K on the Fairway for only $40!
Minimum age to participate in the Arctic Plunge is 14 years old. The minimum age to participate in the Arctic Splash is 6 years old.
Plunge participants may register as individuals or as a team. Teams should have a minimum of 3 participants. No team registrations will be taken on the day of the plunge.
Each plunge wave will be limited to 10 participants per wave. Participants may use the indoor pool after their plunge and may change in the locker room areas. (The steam room, sauna, and hot tub are currently closed in accordance with Virginia COVID-19 guidelines.) Spectators will not be allowed access to the Woodstone Recreation Center without a recreation pass. Please arrive early to allow time to check-in.
Register Online Here
- Please practice safe social distancing at all times during this event and while waiting in lines.
- Bring your mask! Everyone will be required to wear a face mask when inside the Woodstone Recreation Center (Per VA Executive Order 63 and Executive Order 72).
- Hand sanitizer will be available, but feel free to bring your own.
- Please do not attend this event if you have experienced any of the symptoms of COVID-19 in the 48 hours before the event, you are isolating or quarantining because you may have been exposed to a person with COVID-19 or are worried that you may be sick with COVID-19 or you are currently waiting on the results of a COVID-19 test.
What to Bring
- A face mask to wear when inside the Woodstone Recreation Center.
- Old shoes or aquatic shoes to wear during the plunge. Don’t forget to bring a pair of dry shoes to wear afterwards!
- A duffel bag, backpack and/or garbage bag: It’s a good idea to bring a bag for dry clothes as well as a plastic bag for your wet clothes after you’ve plunged.
- A towel.
- Dry replacement clothes: After you’re done plunging, it’s nice to have some warm and dry clothes for the journey home. Bring warm clothes that are easy to put on.
Please arrive early to allow time to check-in. All participants must check-in prior to plunging to turn in donations and access to the plunge site. Please bring all donations to check-in. Cash, credit cards, and checks accepted. Please remember to wear face mask while inside the Woodstone Recreation Center.
Trained Lifeguards will be present during this event. Do NOT dive or flip into the water. This will be strictly enforced by the lifeguards. Please do not run out of the water after your plunge. The pool deck will be wet and slippery. Be careful as you make your way to the indoor facility. Please do not plunge after drinking alcohol. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to plunge. Leave valuables at home or with a spectator. Massanutten is not responsible for items that are lost or stolen.