Massanutten Resort offers a variety of American Red Cross Health and Safety Service Certification Courses. All courses are taught by certified American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructors and in accordance with all American Red Cross policies. Courses offered include:
- Community Swim Lessons
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuers R.16 Courses (Full and Recertification)
- Lifeguard Training R.17 Courses (Full and Review)
- WaterPark Skills Module R.17
- Lifeguard Instructor Courses R.17
- Water Safety Instructor Courses R.14
- Lay Responder First Aid Courses R.16
*All Full Lifeguard Training R.17 Courses are taught with the addition of the WaterPark Skills Module R.12. This will cover all the knowledge and skills that apply to facilities with both flat, static bodies of water, as well as those with fixed or portable water features (i.e. moving water, water slides, wave pool, etc.).
Important Notice: "Recertification" or Review Courses
All "Recertification" Courses are presented as Review Courses. This class will allow you to review video and practice skills before testing. If you are interested in registering for ANY Recertification Course, understand that several of the American Red Cross Courses have been updated to the latest revision. Please review the instructional manual before attending the course. For additional questions, please contact Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club at 540.289.4987.
Individuals who have never taken an American Red Cross Lifeguarding course, have taken the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course and are more than 1 month expired, or a taken a Lifeguarding Course by any other agency (YMCA, E&A, StarGuard, etc.) may not enroll in American Red Cross Lifeguard Review Course and must take the Full Lifeguard Training Course. A copy of your previous certification must be presented at the start of the course for the instructor to verify.
Upcoming Lifeguard Courses
LGT 6, Traditional Format:This course will be instructor led for lectures, videos and skills.
- Saturday, May 6 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | At Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Sunday, May 7 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | At Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Saturday, May 11 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | At Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Sunday, May 12 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | At Massanutten WaterPark/Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
LGT 7, Blended Learning: This course is a combination of online, self-led learning as well as in-person instructor led learning. All online content should be completed by the start of class Saturday, May 18.
- Wednesday, May 15 | 4:30 - 8:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Saturday, May 18 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Sunday, May 19 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Monday, May 20 | 4:00 - 8:00 pm | Massanutten WaterPark
- WaterPark Skills and Administering Emergency Oxygen
CPR For Professional Rescuser & First Aid
- Sunday, May 7 | 8:00 am - 5:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
Other Aquatic Courses
- Lifeguard Review - This will satisfy recertification requirements for American Red Cross Lifeguarding
- Saturday, May 4 | 8:00 am - 6:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
Class Inquiry & Registration Form
There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee built into the cost of each course. This registration fee is required for enrollment and can be paid in person at Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club at 4160 Del Webb Drive McGaheysville, VA 22840, or over the phone via credit card at 540.289.4987. Courses may cancel due to low enrollment; in this case, participants will be moved to another course at no charge. The registration fee will be refunded if there are no other courses available at the time.