Massanutten Resort offers a variety of American Red Cross Health and Safety Service Certification Courses. All courses are taught by certified American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructors and in accordance with all American Red Cross policies. Courses offered include:
- Community Swim Lessons
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuers R.16 Courses (Full and Recertification)
- Lifeguard Training R.17 Courses (Full and Review)
- WaterPark Skills Module R.17
- Lifeguard Instructor Courses R.17
- Water Safety Instructor Courses R.14
- Lay Responder First Aid Courses R.16
*All Full Lifeguard Training R.17 Courses are taught with the addition of the WaterPark Skills Module R.12. This will cover all the knowledge and skills that apply to facilities with both flat, static bodies of water, as well as those with fixed or portable water features (i.e. moving water, water slides, wave pool, etc.).
Important Notice: "Recertification" or Review Courses
All "Recertification" Courses are presented as Review Courses. This class will allow you to review video and practice skills before testing. If you are interested in registering for ANY Recertification Course, understand that several of the American Red Cross Courses have been updated to the latest revision. Please review the instructional manual before attending the course. For additional questions, please contact 540.437.3346.
Individuals who have never taken an American Red Cross Lifeguarding course, have taken the American Red Cross Lifeguarding Course and are more than 1 month expired, or a taken a Lifeguarding Course by any other agency (YMCA, E&A, StarGuard, etc.) may not enroll in American Red Cross Lifeguard Review Course and must take the Full Lifeguard Training Course. A copy of your previous certification must be presented at the start of the course for the instructor to verify.
Upcoming Lifeguard Courses
LGT 12, Blended Learning Format: Participants will be responsible for approximately seven hours of online material. A certificate of completion for the online content will be required by the session on 7/15. All scheduled sessions will be instructor led.
- Thursday, August 20 | 4:00 - 8:00 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Friday, August 21 | 4:00 - 8:00 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Saturday, August 22 | 8:30 am - 5:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club
- Sunday, August 23 | 8:30 am - 5:30 pm | Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club/Massanutten WaterPark
Register Online Here
- There are no up-coming courses at this time.
Class Inquiry & Registration Form
There is a $25 non-refundable registration fee built into the cost of each course. This registration fee is required for enrollment and can be paid in person at Massanutten Fitness & Rec Club at 4160 Del Webb Drive McGaheysville, VA 22840. Courses may cancel due to low enrollment; in this case, participants will be moved to another course at no charge. The registration fee will be refunded if there are no other courses available at the time.